All that is old is new again.
Welcome to the brand new incarnation and redesign of my blog. I hope you like it as much as I do. We sure did work hard on it and while it took quite a bit longer than I anticipated, somethings are worth waiting for.
When I say we, I mean that I sure didn’t do this all by myself. I want to thank my team of designer Nikola Lazarevic and developer Chris Richardson for their talent and efforts to bring this new design to life. I’m stickler for detail and wanted everything to be as close to perfect as possible before launching this new incarnation of the blog and that’s why it took about five months longer than I had originally figured. Like any website or blog, this one is still a work in progress and probably always will be. There are always new innovations in web design and style and I’ll do my best to keep as current as possible.
“Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks. But of course, if you dig deeper, it’s really how it works.”
So what’s new in this version of my blog? I’m glad you asked.
- The header, while similar to the old one is new
- The paper background is lighter and cleaner than the previous one hopefully making the text easier to read
- New fonts galore
- Beautiful new sidebar graphics
- New look to the Home page with 3 sections
- Nested comments… Finally!
- New social sharing buttons
- The site is now mobile responsive and will now be easier to read on phones and tablets
- Images are now going to be Retina friendly for iPads and Macbook pros (work in progress)
- The blog has a new host and should now load substantially faster
- Overall awesomeness has been increased by a factor of ten
More changes will be rolled out in due time but for now I’m thrilled with the look and functionality. Let me know if you see any bugs and I’d love to hear any constructive criticism.
Now that I have the blog that I have wanted for some time, I’m sure that it will motivate me to share more photos and stories. I’m going to have to learn to do some blogging from the road though since my upcoming schedule includes upcoming trips to Banff and Jasper National Parks in Alberta, Iceland for a photo tour, Germany for Photokina, Croatia for some work with the tourism board there and several more destinations after that. It’s going to be quite the ride for the rest of the year and I’m thrilled with all of the upcoming adventures I’m about to embark upon.
I’ll have some fun news to share in the next two weeks so look for several new blog posts starting this week. I know that I have not been very prolific with my writing on the blog this year but life is all about taking tangents and riding a metaphorical roller coaster when your job is all about travel and trying to bring some very cool projects to life. I’m just happy that my absence here on the blog has been due to a busy year of exciting travel.
Thanks for reading… More soon!