Travel Blogger Photo Contest
I’m teaming up with TravelSupermarket.com as one of the judges in their very cool “Capture the Colour” blogger’s photo contest.
To participate you have to be a blogger and we are requesting that each blogger submit a blog post with photos from your trips around the world that showcase the following colours:
Take a look at the example post I showcase here to get an idea of what to write and what kind of colour scheme you’ll need for your photos. Be creative and original. The whole photo does not have to be in one tone, but there should be an eye catching element represented by that colour.
As a photographer I tend to get up before the sun rises in many of the places I visit so that I can capture some amazing places that would otherwise be crawling with tourists. This is a perfect example of why I rise so early. The light can be magical and the silence deafening. Try it for yourself sometime!
One of my all time favourite shots of mine from New York City. This one really captures the energy of the place and the iconic yellow cabs make it oh so New York. New York City is probably my all time favourite city in the world for so many reasons. I never get tired of shooting there and look forward to being back sometime this autumn.
Sometimes travel is fun and exciting, yet at other times it can be somber and rather melancholy. This was a touching moment in my travels and a morning I’ll never forget. Being alone amongst countless graves and wreaths was eerie, yet in a way it was also peaceful.
La Defense in Paris is a lesser know treasure in the city of light — but one well worth exploring. As a huge fan of both art and architecture I was able to blend those two elements into one fun image. Sacré Bleu indeed!
Ahhh Banff! I absolutely adore this Canadian national treasure. If you have not visited Banff National Park in Alberta, I’d suggest you add it to the top of your list of must see locations. This part of Canada is the most jaw droppingly beautiful part of the nation in my humble opinion. It’s been several years since I was in Alberta and I hope that I get a chance to visit again very soon.
Sometimes there is beautystaring you in the face in an unexpected place like these aspen trees that were literally fifty meters away from a parking area. I took a little stroll around and was really thrilled when I came upon a scene so captivating after only a few steps.
Beer & Beans – Beth’s photography is wonderful… I’m a fan!
Johnny Vagabond – Wes never fails to put a smile on my face when reading his blog!
Live Share Travel – Sarah and Terry are two of my all time favourite travellers, you’ll love them too!
Adventurous Kate – Kate is a one woman tour de force! Join her as she explores the world as a solo female traveller.
Y Travel Blog – Caz and Craig are travel blogging gurus and have been around the world many times… With two young children!
Just to be clear: you don’t need to be nominated to submit an entry to Capture the Colour.
This should give you an idea of what to post. Link within your post to other relevant information on your blog about the photos you are presenting.
Once you’re done with your post, please come back and post a link in the comment section!
Now for some info about the Capture the Colour Contest
No need to submit a photo for each colour, however… Your chances of winning increase since there is a prize for each colour and a grand overall prize of £ 2 000.00 to spend on travel — Individual colour prizes items include “New” 32 GB iPads with retina screens and other similar gadgets, not bad huh?
Now just to be clear — You can win individual prizes if you just submit a few images representing the colours mentioned above but to win the big £ 2 000.00 grand prize, you have to submit one photo of each of the five colours.
I know what you’re thinking… Something like: Ken, I love money and iPads and travel and I write an awesome travel blog. What else do I have to do to win? What are the official rules? Can I bribe you by getting you a date with Anne Hathaway?
I’m so glad you asked these very important questions. ;)
Sadly, I’m not allowed to accept Anne Hathaway dates as a bribe. I had a team of lawyers look into this for me and there is just no way around it. That isn’t to say that I can’t accept a date with the aforementioned Ms. Hathaway at all, just not as a bribe. Phew! Hope remains alive.
But I digress…
What do you have to do?
1. Publish a Capture the Colour blog post with images for all 5 colours if you have the images. If you don’t have all 5 colours, post images in the colours that you do have. Those who don’t have photos for all 5 colours will still be in with a chance of winning the category winner prizes but you won’t be in the running for the main prize. In your post, make sure to mention the TravelSupermarket Capture the Colour Competition page (http://www.travelsupermarket.com/capture-the-colour/) so that your readers know what Capture the Colour is.
2. Nominate and notify 5 other travel bloggers to take part in Capture the Colour at the end of your post to spread the word about the contest!
3. By 27th August 2012, let us know you’ve entered the competition by either posting a link to your blog post on Facebook mentioning Capture the Colour and tagging the TravelSupermarket.com Facebook page and/or by linking to your post via Twitter and including @travelsupermkt and #capturethecolour. We’ll be monitoring both Facebook and Twitter closely so all entries will be recorded. For those who don’t have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name, email address and phone number.
4. TravelSupermarket.com and the judges of the contest will share and retweet some of our favourite Capture the Colour posts throughout the competition so be sure to follow our Facebook and Twitter accounts closely!
5. Every Capture the Colour blog entry will be judged by our 5 judges with each judge selecting a colour category winner to receive an iPad 3 or prize of similar value. The judges will then come together to select the overall winner of the £2,000 travel budget. For further information about the judging and the prizes see the Terms & Conditions by clicking the link below.
Each individual judge will select a winner form their colour category. All the judges together will select the Grand Prize winner.
I’m really looking forward to seeing some great photos from you, so get busy blogging and good luck to all!